July 31st, 2014 by admin under Complexity Simplified, DocuSense News, Environmental Solutions, Print & Copy Best Practices, Xerox Printers. No Comments.
How do you print the same amount of color documents yet generate 90 percent less ink and laser cartridge waste? Just ask the University of Pennsylvania who has begun this sustainability effort by employing “Ink Stick“ color printers in several departments.
The environmental impact of traditional laser and inkjet printing is significant. It takes 3 quarts of oil to produce one toner cartridge and the empty generates about 5 lbs of waste plastic and metal.
“Ink Stick” technology uses a cube-shaped crayon-like block of ink instead of the traditional toner or ink cartridge. The cubes are dropped into a dispenser at the top of the printer and are melted, then deposited on the paper. The ink stick is almost entirely used up in the printing process. There is no empty cartridge so there is very little waste.
University departments using this technology have seen important environmental benefits. In one example, the Residence Hall labs alone managed a reduction of 1,076 pounds of waste (that’s half a ton) by utilizing ten color solid ink machines over 3 years of use.
Penn’s preferred vendor DocuSense, who is is spearheading the technology, sees great potential. “We’ve just scratched the surface for reducing waste and saving petroleum here at the University” said Bob Melso, Vice-President of DocuSense. “If just 10 percent of the current prints came from these machines we’d eliminate approximately 5,000 lbs of waste and save 1,500 gallons of oil yearly”
For more information contact Brian Doty, email@example.com phone 1-800-422-0080 or visit www.docusense.com.
June 12th, 2014 by admin under DocuSense News, Managed Print Service Providers, Multifunction Printer MFP, Xerox Printers. No Comments.
You’ve got enough to do already. Xerox eConcierge will help lighten your load. It takes printing supplies off your to do list.
What’s the first thing you think of when someone says, FREE? Do you think there’s a catch? Of course, we all know nothing is free. But trust us, there is NO catch and we’re excited to share this information on how you can save time during the workday by using eConcierge presented by Xerox Supplies Assistant.
Are you now thinking … What is eConcierge and how can it help me?
Listed below you’ll find the top reasons to grab this cool service and we’re always here to help you get started!
Through the power of the cloud, you can vastly simplify every aspect of ordering printer supplies, not only for Xerox devices but also for other leading brands. It’s easy to use, super convenient, and includes a printer service reward for Xerox printers and select multifunction printers and devices. And best of all, it’s free and comes with no obligation! Seriously, how cool is that?
There are some terrific reasons to participate in the eConcierge program by Xerox, and listed below are just some of the reasons you can’t live without it for your business.
- eConcierge is Hassle Free
To get started, we’ll help you download the Supplies Assistant application to your desktop. It automatically discovers the printers on your network and allows you to edit the list through its intuitive interface. You can check printer status any time. When a printer is running low on ink or toner, a pop-up alert reminds you to review and approve your pre-populated supplies options. Place your order with a credit card and you’re done!
How the application finds your supplies
See how eConcierge Powered by Xerox automatically detects your networked printers
- eConcierge offers Instant Printer Identification
With eConcierge powered by Xerox you’ll never have to search out printer model numbers or sift through confusing supplies part numbering systems again. The service automatically identifies each printer model and its associated supplies, including options like standard and high-capacity toner cartridges. When you have multiple devices on your network it can be a nightmare when trying to manage all those devices. Think about how this can work for you in your company.
How you order supplies
See how eConcierge Powered by Xerox notifies you when supplies are needed and automatically builds your order
- eConcierge Provides Proactive Alerts
With eConcierge powered by Xerox you’ll never have to run out of printing supplies and wait for more to arrive. The service sends an automatic alert to your desktop when supplies are low and it’s time to think about ordering replacements—before you run out.
- eConcierge is Safe and Secure
Printer information and status updates are encrypted, securely managed and hosted by the eConcierge powered by Xerox cloud. Credit card transactions are secured through Authorize.net®, a subsidiary of CyberSource®, a Visa® company.
- eConcierge Maximizes Business Efficiency
It’s about time. Today’s business has one speed: fast. The free eConcierge powered by Xerox service streamlines the entire process of monitoring and ordering printer supplies. It’s easy to use, super convenient and provides a free service reward for Xerox printers. Deploy your own personal printer supplies assistant now!
Learn about tracking shipments, order history and detailed printer usage through eConcierge Powered by Xerox
We’re also really excited to mention that if you want to buy or lease equipment (from small desktop devices to larger multifunction machines), Xerox is NOW offering mind-blowing deals that you don’t want to miss! Do you want to learn more about these unbelievable price reductions? Great, but it’s only offered through September 30the 2013 so be sure to act quickly.
Now that’s DocuSense, Complexity Simplified!
Image by Cool Text: Free Logos and Buttons – Create An Image Just Like This
May 24th, 2014 by admin under Complexity Simplified, HP Printers, Multifunction Printer MFP, Xerox Printers. 1 Comment.
Find The Best Print Management Solution For Your Business
- One out of every five print jobs is never picked up, leaving stacks of abandoned pages left in the printers.
Bear with us for the following frightful facts and figures on inefficient printing:
- According to the Gartner Group, 44% of all printing is unnecessary.
- University studies have found that one out of every five print jobs is never picked up, leaving stacks of abandoned pages left in the printers — either because people forgot about them or mistakenly printed a document and didn’t care enough to do anything about it.
- Xerox published that, on average, 1-3% of a company’s revenue is consumed by document production.
- Per employee, a company spends an average of $1,000 per year for printing costs alone. This is due to an average employee consumption of 10,000 pages per year, which is equivalent to 60% of a tree.
These are big numbers, but the awareness of their impact is disproportionately small. Sure, some companies and universities are adopting print management solutions and implementing multifunction devices with “greener” printer services. However, these outliers are enlightened exceptions to the norm — a norm that continues to struggle under the weight of wasteful printing, inefficient document workflow and high overhead.
WHY DON’T MORE COMPANIES CARE?
Why aren’t more businesses and institutions taking advantage of cost-effective managed printing services? Well, it’s quite simple — they simply aren’t cognizant of the ghastly toll copy production is taking on their revenue. And if they’re somewhat aware, they surely aren’t realizing the extent of the cost catastrophes creeping below the surface.
A BUDGET DIVIDED
You can’t blame these unaware organizations for being so naive. The print budget is not one, singular budget — there’s no one line item. Quite the opposite: A printing budget is fragmented between various departmental budgets with partial (and oftentimes ambiguous) management by IT people, facilities managers and/or procurement administrators.
So how to you inject cohesive strategy into your printing? You inject your printing with intelligence.
INTELLIGENT PRINTING SOLUTIONS
The upside of a debilitating trend, like skyrocketing print and copy costs, is the plethora of solutions to combat it. In order to survive in this market, printing and multifunction device manufacturers must offer some sort of program to help you manage your printing costs and cut down on copy quantity for environmental reasons.
Here are a few software solutions that deserve some time in the spotlight:
- Xerox DocuShare™ Express: This is an award-winning, web-based content management software solution designed for small to midsized businesses. It allows for user-friendly management of paper and digital information in one central, secure location.
- With everything in one place and the capacity for automatic indexing/archiving, employees cut up to 80% of the time it takes to find the latest version of what they need — both on- and off-site. This safe, cloud-based storage also protects against information loss due to natural disasters or internal disruptions.
- Create workflows to automate document approval and routing, amping up efficiency and cutting out unnecessary steps.
- Secure documents with multiple user access levels and password management rules.
- HP Access Control Intelligent Print Management (IPM): This is a server-based application designed both for ease of use and long-term cost savings. Using its clean, graphics-based interface and step-by-step controls, an administrator creates custom printing rules to regulate copy output.
- Apply sensible rules that have minimal impact on the user’s printing needs — i.e. assigning two-sided (duplex) printing as the default for everyday print jobs and setting restrictions on color use.
- Collect comprehensive data to gain visibility into every aspect and pattern of your document workflow.
- Assess and learn from data reports, adjusting inefficient processes and wasteful print behavior — either by providing employees with frequent, real-time notifications or by gathering long-term data to evolve rules over time — to create a stronger, more balanced print environment.
- Assign printers to specific users or job types according to each department’s needs — i.e. providing marketing departments with access to color, while offering the HR department high-volume, high-speed printing capabilities.
WHICH SOLUTION IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
It may seem overwhelming to choose the right solution due to the vast array of choices out there, each designed to fulfill primary and secondary needs with customizable applications, programs and accessories. The best and easiest way to find your solutionis to talk to an expert in print management.
Work with someone you trust to find the best solution for your company’s environment, workflow and office layout. This is where the team of experts at DocuSense come in — We make sure the print management solution you get is what you need to streamline your workflow and cut copy costs.
With end-to-end managed print services and the perfect intelligent print software for your company, you effectively reduce your carbon footprint, amp up efficiency, secure your documents and lower overhead and copy costs.
Do you have a favorite software solution for intelligent printing? If so, we’d love to hear from you! DocuSense … Complexity Simplified
May 15th, 2014 by admin under fleet management solutions, Managed Print Service Providers, Multifunction Printer MFP, Print & Copy Best Practices, Print Repair. 1 Comment.
Cross “Managed Print” Off Their List Of Burdens To Bear
Few professions have such an ambiguous and amorphous set of responsibilities as that of the IT expert.
Don’t waste your IT team’s time with printer repair. Put their skills to the higher-level tasks they were trained and educated to handle.
Information Technology, “Defined”
The Information Technology Association of America has defined information technology (IT) as “the study, design, development, application, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems.” The Association for Computing Machinery defines the academic context of information technology as “undergraduate degree programs that prepare students to meet the computer technology needs of business, government, healthcare, schools and other kinds of organizations.”
But today, practically every aspect of business’ operations are computer-based. The computer technology needs of a company evolve and accumulate each day.
The responsibilities of the IT department have snowballed into an indefinable jumble of time-wasting tasks and drudging duties. Any workday flare up that has a glimmer of gizmo or whisper of widget is considered “IT territory.
Redefine Your IT Department
It’s time to show some respect to your IT department. It’s time to let them focus on the high-level technological operations of your business instead of drowning their days in administrative errands and menial maintenance.
Here are some tasks that should not fall under IT territory:
- Running and making cables.
There are professionals who are trained to do this; this is their job. While it may cost a bit more money to call in one of these professionals, it’s cost-effective in the long run. By outsourcing your cable management, you’re allowing your IT team to focus on the tasks that have more impact on the operations and bottom line of your business.
- Manually creating accounts.
Creating accounts comes with a lot of administrative baggage: setting up email, creating directories, setting up networks, syncing data, etc. Shift this burden off the shoulders of IT and onto automated management tools. This way, IT is only called in to handle exceptions and specialty accounts.
This may seem trivial — resetting a password only takes a few minutes at most, right? This may be true, but these menial minutes add up. What’s more, they are often accompanied by the all-too-common “And while you’re here, can you take a look at my…?” Solve this time waster with self-service password reset tools, which you can acquire for a pretty cheap price and implement in just a day or two.
- **Servicing printers and multifunction devices.**
Ask any IT professional and he or she will tell you that repairing and maintaining a company’s printers and copiers is the biggest pain of all tech tasks. Taking care of print management solutions and keeping up with ink or toner supplies should not be duties of the IT department.
Take advantage of those who are experts in managed print and printer services. A print management company not only assumes full responsibility for all of your existing equipment, but also makes recommendations to improve your document workflow with more efficient devices and smart printing strategies. In addition, they’ll take care of your toner or ink supplies, repair needs and, most importantly, answer any questions you have about print management.
Partnering with a company for your print management solutions is not only smart — it’s vital to your company’s efficiency, production and bottom line. Companies like DocuSense get parts and toner or ink supplies quicker, easier and cheaper. And most crucially, we free up your IT experts’ time to focus on the more advanced jobs they were educated and trained to accomplish.
Do what makes sense for your business. Partner with DocuSense — your IT department (and your bottom line) will thank you.
April 12th, 2014 by admin under Complexity Simplified, Environmental Solutions, Multifunction Printer MFP. 3 Comments.
Are you trying to squeeze every last page out of that Multifunction device before you break down and get a new one?
Why you should buy or lease a device now?
- You’ve been using the same copier or printer for a minimum of four (4) years. It’s time to upgrade!
- The Xerox WorkCentre 6400 multifunction printer combines world-class copy, print, color scan, and fax capabilities with exceptional reliability and ease of use.
- It brings large departmental MFP capabilities to a letter/A4-sized device, such as two-sided output, networking, advanced MFP features and workflow capabilities, and 80 GB hard drive – all of which are standard (Fax not available on the WorkCentre 6400S configuration).
- Costs are super low right now and in a few months you’ll be paying a whole lot more.
- Unfortunately your current device is experiencing frequent paper jams, breakdowns and constant calls for a service technician!
- Your printing habits have changed over the last several years and you need a device that is fully functioning and makes sense for your business.
- Automation can make your life a whole lot easier.
If you relate to even one of the statements above, speak with a DocuSense team member today and they’ll help you determine which device is right for you and your employees.
Once the cost of a new machine is reasonably offset by its many returns, it’s time to make that purchase.
More great NEWS!
The eConcierge powered by Xerox Supplies Assistant
uses the power of the cloud to vastly simplify every aspect
of ordering printer supplies—for Xerox and other leading
brands. It’s easy to use, super convenient, and includes
a printer service reward for Xerox printers and select
multifunction printers. And best of all, it’s free and comes with no obligation.
eConcierge powered by Xerox™. It’s the quickest, easiest way to order printer supplies.
Contact Docusense, that’s Complexity Simplified!